Responsible for providing incredible service by providing efficient and accurate selection of products ordered by Wegmans stores.
People (Who We Are)
- Support, encourage, and respect co-workers
- Work with supervisor to set and achieve goals for professional development
- Comply with Wegmans Policies and Work Rules, as well as, federal and state laws
- Maintain open lines of communication with supervisors and coworkers to ensure the most efficient operations in the department
Products (What We Do)
- Ensure that pallets of product are built and handled in a manner that minimizes product damage in transportation and maximizes trailer space.
- Perform order audits to determine accuracy and quality
- Maintain knowledge of all quality standards/specifications and requirements for all products
- Inform operations management of daily quality issues using reports as well as other forms of necessary communication
- Maintain the integrity of the cold chain on loads that have temperature requirements
- Maintain a clean work environment and ensures that all Wegmans sanitation and food safety guidelines are followed
Results (What We Measure)
- Maintain accuracy throughout the selection process, replenishment process, etc.
- Utilize available technology (Vo-Collect, pallet jacks, etc) at full capacity in the selection process
- Maintain a safety focus that includes operating powered industrial trucks in a manner consistent with OSHA standards, observing safety signage/devices, maintaining personal fitness/health (can lift 35lbs-65lbs repeatedly, fluid movement – bending, twisting, reaching, etc.), MSDS locations, using any required safety equipment necessary, following evacuation procedures, reporting dangerous/threatening hazards to management, etc.
- Meet engineered labor standards and production selection criteria consistently (CPMH, etc).
- Complete tasks within predetermined commitment times or batches to the best of their abilities
- Utilize Kronos and use of problem logs to ensure efficient and accurate compensation
- Contribute to training and betterment of new team members as needed
- Unrestricted ability to bend, stoop, squat, stand, walk, climb, twist, turn reach out and lift 35-65 pounds repeatedly
- Ability to work in a primary cool work climate environment (approximately 34-55 degrees Fahrenheit) along with working in a fluctuating ambient environment (approximately 60-85 degree Fahrenheit) as assigned
Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a drug screen and/or criminal background check
All Applicants will be screened; only those closely matching the job posting will be interviewed
- Previous experience with operating a pallet jack and Vocollect