At Wegmans, it takes the work of numerous individuals in a variety of locations and careers to make possible the incredible customer service we provide every day. As a Professional Tractor Trailer Driver, you will be responsible for delivering products to our stores in a timely, safe manner.
This Position Is Located In Pottsville, PA
What sets this job apart from the other driving jobs?
- Home everyday routes to maintain your work & life balance
- Professionally maintained new model equipment
- State of the art technology resources
- Minimal product handling
- Team work environment
People (Who We Are)
- Support, encourage, and respect co-workers
- Work with supervisor to set and achieve goals for professional development
- Comply with Wegmans Policies and Work Rules, as well as, federal and state laws
- Maintain open lines of communication with supervisors and coworkers to ensure the most efficient operations in the department
Customer (What We Believe)
- Greet customers and answer questions in a friendly manner
- Ensure driving behaviors are positive on the communities and roads we travel
- Maintain professional appearance and composure at all times
Product (What We Do)
- Ensure product arrives at the correct destination efficiently and safely
- Maintain cold chain integrity for loads with temperature requirements
Results (What We Measure)
- Complete tasks within predetermined commitment times and utilize systems to accurately log problems and work time
- Maintain a safety focus that includes equipment inspections, drug check compliance, and adherence to speed limits and road restrictions
- Perform other Driver duties as required/assigned
- Work includes prolonged sitting and driving, walking, climbing, repetitive and sustained hand and arm movements in a variety of short and long distance driving situations. May include loading and unloading trailer. May perform hook and break up of trailer and drop and switch of trailers at stores, warehouse, vendor facility, back haul location or expressway interchange. May involve lay-over to some long haul destinations. The average weight range of items lifted is 5-10 pounds with maximum weight lifted greater than 50 pounds rarely. The work environment involves seasonal outdoor temperatures and weather.
Candidates must be at least 21 years of age with a current PA residence, and have a clean driver’s abstract with no moving violations in the last 3 years, and no reckless driving or drug/alcohol convictions in the last 7 years. We are looking for candidates with flexibility to work various shifts, including weekends and holidays.
Employment as a Driver at Wegmans is contingent upon completion and our evaluation of a Drug Test, DOT Drug Test, DOT Physical, Criminal Background Check, Employment Verification, Driver's Abstract/PSP Review, as well as a Skills Evaluation.
- CDL: Commercial Driver's License
- Commercial driving experience after receiving a Class A License