The Human Resources Representative is an integral member of the Human Resources Team, reporting directly to the Area Human Resources Manager, and actively collaborates with our managers, supervisors and associates. This field-based position supports a business unit of approximately 1000 exempt and non-exempt associates in more than 30 locations across 3 states.
This position is responsible for proactively developing relationships and executing on all aspects of the human resources function with emphasis in the areas of talent acquisition, training and development, diversity, inclusion and engagement, associate and labor relations, and compliance. The Human Resources Representative will generate innovative solutions that drive processes and programs that help to ensure associates are equipped to achieve exceptional results, while at the same time realizing their professional goals and objectives.
This position is based at 513 Burlington, NJ with travel between locations in Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES :
Associate and Labor Relations:
- Make contributions that reinforce a workplace that mirrors our Employee Value Proposition.
- Ensure a positive Associate Experience, including Onboarding, New Hire Orientation, and Retention initiatives.
- Manage the Ambassador program; coach and train new ambassadors, ensure each district maintains current and engaged ambassadors.
- Participate in investigations, prepare summaries and make recommendations as directed by the HR Manager.
Training and Development:
- Work with HR Manager to create and ensure successful completion of individual development plans.
- Train managers with the tools and training to optimize their performance.
- Schedule training events, identify participants and venues, prepare materials and facilitate as needed.
Diversity, Inclusion, and Engagement:
- Champion and promote diversity in all aspects of human resource practices.
- Work with managers to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Influence leaders in the execution and sustainability of associate engagement action plans (i.e. formal employee acknowledgement program).
- Plan, coordinate, and facilitate employee appreciation and community involvement events within each District and the Area teams.
- Facilitate the creation and distribution of quarterly Area newsletter.
- Administration and communication of Associate Opinion Survey.
- Work with the Recruiting and Area teams to create an Area Staffing Plan based on business growth, workforce planning, analytics, and diversity objectives
- Collaborate with the recruiting team to acquire top talent through improved selection tools and criteria, and local outreach efforts
- Reinforce promotion process, ensuring a positive experience for the internal associate.
- Perform outreach initiatives to build strong relationships with Academic institutions. Spread awareness of Penske brand and hiring opportunities.
- Participate in hiring events as needed.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations (e.g., FMLA, ADA, FCRA, EEO, FLSA, I9, Hand Book, DOL)
- Communicate, interpret and consistently apply company policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all Human Resource processes
- Conduct regular compliance reviews at location level (Wage and Hour, etc.).
- Plan and coordinate retention action items. Track success and impact of applicable programs .
- Partner with HR Manager and Safety team to ensure safe workplace.
- Perform all other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- SHRM or HRCI Certification(s) preferred (i.e. PHR)
- 2 years of Human Resources experience
- Creative, independent self-starter who excels in a fast paced environment
- Agile and quick learner, enjoys collaborative projects and continuous education
- Ability to understand the business operations
- Must be a confident communicator, (including written, and verbal skills)
- Ability to effectively manage projects to timely completion
- Some knowledge of employment law and regulatory compliance issues helpful (deeper knowledge may be required for certain states, such as CA, MA, etc.)
- Must possess a high level of honesty, integrity, and ethics
- Ability to travel as necessary (approximately 50%), work the required schedule, work at the specific location required
- Must complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Work Locations: 513 Elbow Lane Burlington, NJ 08016
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Burlington
Job: Human Resources
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Human Resources
Req ID: 1909769