As a Penske Technician III, you play a critical role in helping to keep our customers keep their vehicles in shape and on the road. You’ll perform preventative maintenance and minor component repairs on the newest and best-maintained fleet of vehicles in the industry. If you are mechanically inclined or have completed any vehicle repair training, are willing to learn, and interested in a stable career, you can join our team of over 6000 vehicle repair associates at hundreds of locations nationwide.
Penske will introduce you to our vehicle maintenance processes, leading-edge technology, and winning company culture. You will collaborate with a high-energy, driven teams and leadership that will provide ongoing training and mentoring to help cultivate the skills and expertise you need to succeed. We have industry leading vehicle maintenance and repair technology, clean facilities, and provide all necessary major shop tools.
You will enjoy competitive starting salaries, generous time off up to three weeks and paid holidays and sick time, flexible schedules, excellent benefits, associate incentives and discount programs. At Penske, you will receive state of the art training each year on a variety of OEM equipment. Many of our technicians have been trained and certified through Penske’s Technician Certification Program which is ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) certified as a CASE (Continuing Automotive Service Education) provider.
This position will be located at the Penske facility at 77 Postal Service Way in Scarborough, ME. The schedule will be Sunday through Thursday, 11:00 PM-7:30 AM.
- Primary duties of this role consist of ensuring vehicles are maintained and safe for our customers.
- Consistently using the tools and technologies provided at Penske to properly log, research, and complete repairs. This includes performing basic vehicle diagnostics.
- Conducting Preventative Maintenance repairs to perform minor repairs such as, install mounted tires, replace or rotate tires and complete vehicle component lubrication and replacement, some electrical system repairs, cooling system maintenance on gas and diesel engine vehicles.
- Continuously developing your skills in partnership with your manager utilizing Penske’s available technician training and hands on mentoring.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
• High school diploma (required); vocational or technical certification in vehicle repair (preferred)
• Basic mechanical aptitude and 1-2 years of automotive or diesel repair experience (preferred)
• Valid driver’s license (must also have or be able to get a CDL license within 6 months)
• The ability to solve problems and comfort using tools
• Excellent customer service skills and communication skills
• The ability to work well as part of a team and outside
• Basic computer skills
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background screening (to include criminal checks, past employment and education), the ability to pass a drug screen and physical as required by the Department of Transportation, and potential travel within a near geography for training are required
• The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When you join Penske, you’re joining a team that cares about doing its best. At each location, there’s a strong sense of teamwork. We’re all working together to move our customers forward. That’s true for the 8,000 vehicle repair associates who are working at hundreds of locations across the United States.
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Automotive, Diesel, Diesel Repair, Diesel Tech, Diesel Mechanic, Gas Mechanic, Mechanic, Hydraulics Auto Repair, Truck Repair, Trailer Repair, Equipment Installer, Electronic Diagnostic, Car Carrier Repair, Mechanical Repair, Installer, Truck Equipment, Auto Mechanic, ASE Certified, ASE, Automotive, Repair, Light And Heavy Duty Trucks, Truck Mechanic Service Technician, Heavy Truck & Equipment Technician, Heavy Truck Mechanic, Equipment Mechanic, Shop Mechanic, Truck Mechanic, Fleet Mechanic, Fleet Technician, Trailer Mechanic, Universal Technical Institute, UTI, Wyotech, Lincoln College of Technology, Lincoln Tech, Detroit Diesel, Cummins, Eaton, Meritor, Mack, International, Peterbilt, Kenworth, Volvo, Freightliner, Hino, Isuzu
Work Locations: 77 Postal Service Way Scarborough, ME 04074
Primary Location: United States-Maine-Scarborough
Job: Vehicle Maintenance/Mechanics/Technicians
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Vehicle Maintenance/Mechanics/Technicians
Req ID: 1908160