At Penske the Systems Analyst is responsible to lead analytical efforts associated with multiple projects, which are based on requirements given directly by customers or client groups. They lead projects through the full system development life cycle and provide project management. They lead development and help more junior developers out with design, development, and troubleshooting problems.
- Gather requirements and lead the development effort throughout the full SDLC including Project management
- Responsible for the creation, modification, and testing of code
- Involved in the review of code from junior level and offshore programmers
- Involved in ongoing systems monitoring and general support of assigned applications
- Involved in analyzing system/software performance
- Responsible for analyzing and identifying system performance issues, recoding bugs, testing fixes and implementing the solution identified
- Analyze software solutions based on customer requirements and suggest the best solution
- Other projects or tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degrees preferred
- Green Belt, Black Belt, Lean, or PMP certification preferred
- At least 7 years of functional experience
- 3-5 years of project management experience (including large scale projects, and managing multiple projects at one time)
- Full fluency & knowledge in these systems, programming languages, tools and technologies:
-Web Architecture experience
-Java/J2EE preferably on a web application server like Websphere
-Web/Restful services and creating API’s
-Spring Framework and Design Patterns, iBatis
-JSON, XML, AJAX
-GIT, Bitbucket/Stash, Bamboo, ANT, JIRA, Confluence
-SQL, ORACLE, DB2 (AS400/iSeries)
-Exposure to Mobile development, either native or mobile web development
-SEO and web metrics(ex. Google Analytics)
-Windows, MAC(if applicable), MS Office
-Development methodologies including Agile/Kanban
- Must be able to break technical solutions into logical units, and have the ability to use models to show applications or program flow.
- Full understanding system development lifecycle, methodologies and standards
- Proficient in troubleshooting skills and show the ability to apply knowledge to resolve issues quickly.
- Must have strong written and oral interpersonal communication skills
- Must have strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong customer focus is required
- Must be able to work independently or on a team
- Strong time management skills required
- Must show initiative in issue resolution and prevention
- Establish consultative customer relationship
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 260,000 vehicles, employs more than 29,000 people, and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 100 Gundy Drive Reading, PA 19607
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job: Information Technology
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Information Technology
Req ID: 1801651