The Real Estate Contract Administrator provides day-to-day administrative and analytic support for the acquisition, divestiture, and retained properties in Penske’s portfolio of nearly 1,000 owned and leased properties. Responsible for contract abstracting, lease contract payment and billing activities, option and critical date scheduling, tax and utility payment, tax assessment and appeal processing, utility account setup and closure, check deposit, data management, reporting, researching, and filing. Serves as primary point of contact for landlords, tenants, taxing authorities, utility companies, third party vendors, Penske internal departments, and disburses information as needed.
- Provides day to day administrative and analytic support for the acquisition, divestiture and retained properties in Penske's portfolio of leased and owned properties.
- Responsible for coordinating the abstracting of new and amended leased and owned Real Estate contracts into the Tririga IWMS system.
- Maintain accuracy and timing of recurring rent schedules, option dates and other critical dates and notifications for new leases and those revised by lease amendments.
- Process monthly rent payments and tenant billing, including exception processing and accurate and timely payment and billing resolution. Includes payment of recurring and non-recurring real estate contract expenses.
- Process monthly real estate tax payments accurately and timely, including avoiding penalties and earning discounts, tracking of tax appeals and indexing all documentation.
- Process daily utility payments and payment exceptions and coordinate the opening and closing of utility accounts.
- Ensure proper general ledger coding for all billing and payments.
- Primary point on contact for landlords, tenants, taxing authorities, utility companies, third party vendors and Penske internal departments.
- Process annual operating expense reconciliations with landlords and tenants.
- Serve as first point of contact for inquiries regarding property maintenance issues, rent issues, insurance requests, real estate taxes, utilities, billing/payment processing and general ledger accounting.
- Assist the Real Estate Managers in resolving issues.
- Coordinate issuing insurance certificates to Landlords and from Tenants, per lease terms.
- Provide support for property management and administration through research, filing, reporting, and data entry of real estate information.
- Gather relevant data for various monthly, quarterly and ad hoc Real Estate reporting.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- BS/BA preferred
- 3 or more years of demonstrated experience
- Real Estate, Accounting or Paralegal experience preferred
- Proven experience working with Real Estate documents (leases, purchase and sale agreements, Amendments, Easements, Title Policies and Deeds)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with expertise in Word, Excel, Access and Power Point required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong information organizational skills
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
Ph ysical Requirements:
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a
premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 100 Gundy Drive Reading, PA 19607
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Administrative
Req ID: 1911599