The Staff Auditor is an integral member of Penske’s Audit Services Department. This position is responsible for utilizing internal audit concepts and developing a functional audit skillset. They will use learned knowledge and skills to effectively assist management and staff in carrying out PTL and PL audits, reviews, special projects and fraud investigations.
This position is located at our Corporate offices in a beautiful country setting 7 miles South of Reading, PA which is a convenient commute with ample free and easy parking.
2675 Morgantown Rd Reading, Pennsylvania
- Assist in audits and apply knowledge of accounting principles and audit standards to audit initiatives.
- Map detailed processes, analyze data, and use analytical skills to draw clear and concise conclusions.
- Perform individual job requirements using auditing query and other technology tools and resources (i.e. ACL, IDEA, AS400 Query, Access DB, Support Central, Savvion, etc.).
- Use diplomatic communication skills and transfers subject matter knowledge to others throughout the organization.
- Support departmental improvement projects in the area of process management.
- Contribute to evaluation of audit findings, report preparation, and discussions with management about related recommendations to improve business processes and internal controls.
- Share overall job administration of project setup, report writing, engagement documentation, periodic status reporting, etc.
- Other projects as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management, Supply Chain Management, Logistics Management or IT required. (May consider other degrees and certifications).
- Minimum 2-3 years auditing or applicable business experience required.
- MBA, CPA, CIA, CISA or CFE preferred.
- Strong analytical, communication, and organizational skills required.
- Basic understanding of Accounting Principle theory (GAAP).
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required.
- Capability and experience using auditing query technology tools a plus.
- Works well in a team setting and independently.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Effective and efficient organization and time management skills; ability to multi-task.
- Strong desire to learn and grow with the Company.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 260,000 vehicles, employs more than 29,000 people, and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 100 Gundy Drive Reading, PA 19607
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Finance/Accounting
Req ID: 1911473