Penske Truck Leasing has an exciting opportunity to join our IT Development team! You will get to work with some of the latest technologies to deliver innovative logistics solutions to our customers. We have opportunities available in Reading, Pennsylvania at our Corporate office or in our new IT Development and Collaboration Center in Tampa, Florida.
Senior Software Engineers work with software engineers and others to design, test and implement multiple complex software solutions. Be considered a technical expert and be technical leader for multiple development teams. Design mission critical and complex applications and lead technology research and recommendations aligned with enterprise architecture strategy. Develop standards and best practices for designing and coding applications. Research third-party software solutions and development frameworks and recommend customization, integration and deployment strategies. Be part of medium to large sized cross functional teams demonstrating a consultative approach working with process owners and IT to understand business requirements and translate them into technical solutions. Assist development teams with creation of technical specs, developing best practices by conducting code reviews, and functional and load based test plans.
• Responsible for designing and implementing enterprise level application systems and making enterprise wide technology recommendations.
• Promotes compliance to application architecture standard/principles and frameworks.
• Lead the research and POCs for various emerging digital technologies.
• Create reference architecture, and roadmap for the digital technology deployment.
• Work closely with various Penske IT teams to achieve the architecture and deployment objectives for various digital technologies.
• Actively participate in the digital technologies governance process and support digital technology deployment projects as necessary.
• Support GRC (Governance, Risk, Compliance) aspects of digital technologies.
• Maintain the digital technologies roadmap from technology perspective.
• Work closely with the digital solutions analyst for the due diligence on the technology assessment process.
• Minimize technical exposure and risk on projects
• Heavily involved in research and analysis of third party software solutions, and must be able to make a recommendation to use third party software or develop solution in-house
• Proactively identifies and addresses application architecture strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
• Work closely with process owner Sr. level management and project team during scope development and option analysis phase.
• Work closely with various business functions to leverage digital technologies and creation of innovative digital products and services.
• Manage the projects and/or solutions to meet client group expectations.
• Translate business requirements into technical/system requirements
• Define and implement technical solutions to department quality standards.
• Responsible to assess task quality and provide ongoing feedback to project members.
• Work closely with IT Architecture team to define and apply enterprise level standards in solution architecture
• Lead/Assist Application Development Leads, associates and contractors to understand strategic goals/objectives and translate into actionable plans
• Is part of a Departmental Architecture team that works with development leads, architects and/or support teams to resolve issues which arise within a project.
• Assign skill-level appropriate tasks to developers and identify areas of technical weakness in associates with the goal of helping the Manager create technical objectives for them.
• Lead project scope development and options analysis and recommend technical solutions to meet customer needs (third party or in-house).
• Responsible for the creation of project plans, timelines, milestones, goals and ownership
• Must complete and implement projects on time, and ensure all tasks and projects are executed to department quality standards.
• Maintain knowledge of Penske Organizational structure to facilitate groups outside of the immediate technical team.
• Other projects as assigned by the manager
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Senior Java Full Stack Developer with Angular experience
• A minimum of 10 years of experience in – Java Enterprise applications, SQL, Mybatis, Spring frameworks, web services, HTML5, Responsive web designs
• Significant knowledge of areas – S/W engineering, architecture, data architecture and data management required.
• 3-4 years of project management experience (including large scale projects, and managing multiple projects at one time)
• Must be proficient in SQL
• Experience with Design, Development and Implementation complex software systems
• Experience with at least 1-2 mission critical business applications
• Hands on coding capabilities, ability to drive the technology change within department
• Experience in creating technical specifications, participate in code reviews, mentor/train other developers
• Understand application development methodologies
• Guide/Lead the team with technology and architecture perspective
• Ability to evaluate 3rd party products and perform POC’s independently
• Ability to troubleshoot the production/performance related issues and assist the other teams such as web engineers, DBA’s
• Written and oral interpersonal communication skills
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail required
• Critical thinking & problem solving ability
• A Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering, operations, management, or a related field is required.
• Agile/Kanban; Responsive design and adaptive development; REST API development; JIRA, Confluence, BAMBOO, ANT; jQuery; iSeries DB2
• Green Belt, Black Belt, Lean, or PMP certification
• Advanced degree
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be
able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a
premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 100 Gundy Drive Reading, PA 19607
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job: Information Technology
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Information Technology
Req ID: 1900027