The IT Digital Technology Engineer will research digital technologies and deploy innovative solutions for our customers and business functions. In this role the Digital technology engineer is required to deploy new digital technologies. You will be involved in technology selection, socialization, building, testing, deployment, support and documentation of the new digital solutions.
This exciting new position is located at our corporate offices 7 miles South of Reading, PA. Our location is convenient commute with ample free and easy parking.
• Responsible for designing, developing, and implementing complex software systems
• Lead the creation of one or more POCs for various emerging digital technologies.
• Work closely with the digital solutions analyst and digital solutions architect for the due diligence on the technology assessment process.
• Create best practices for the digital technology solution development and deployment.
• Assist in the architectural design of applications for supported user departments.
• Support the digital technologies roadmap from technology perspective.
• Assist and in some cases lead technical sessions at the departmental level and play a major role in mentoring junior developers
• Work with Senior Engineers and cross functional teams to analyze system and application issues for the supported applications.
• Identify opportunities to keep current on emerging technologies and their innovative usage as it pertains to departmental goals.
• Ensure development standards are followed for supported user applications. Suggest improvements, additions to standards.
• Be a part of the team that conducts new-hire interviews.
• Involved in research and analysis of third party software solutions, and must be able to make a recommendation to use third party software or develop solution in-house
• Identify future opportunities for application enhancement and value generation.
• Know how to break technical solutions into logical units, and have the ability to use models to show applications or program flow.
• Work closely with various Penske IT teams to achieve the deployment objectives for various digital technologies.
• Work closely with mid to senior level management and project team during scope development and option analysis phase.
• Lead the technical aspects of the projects and/or solutions to meet client group expectations.
• Translate business requirements into technical/system requirements
• Execute technical solutions to department quality standards.
• Works closely with senior developers/designers to support development efforts
• Involved in mentoring junior level associates.
• Responsible to assess task quality and provide ongoing feedback to project members.
• Lead project scope development and options analysis and recommend technical solutions to meet customer needs (third party or in-house).
• Responsible for the creation of project plans, timelines, milestones, goals and ownership
• Must complete and implement projects on time, and ensure all assigned tasks and projects are executed to department quality standards.
• Plan, execute and report on the status of small to medium complex projects.
• Actively participate in the digital technologies governance process and support digital technology deployment projects as necessary.
• Other projects as assigned by the manager
• A minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible experience in Information Technology during which technical and S/W engineering capabilities have been clearly demonstrated.
• A degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering, operations, management, or a related field is required.
• Experience in technologies, frameworks and architecture like Java, Angular, Python, Spring, Spring Boot, XML, JSON, Application Servers, Oracle, CI/CD etc. is required
• Expertise in MySQL, In Memory databases, AWS, Cloud Engineering, Cloud Architecture is a significant plus.
• Experience in designing and building Web Applications, Mobile Applications, REST APIs, Content Management Systems, Customer Relationship Management, Web Analytics, Marketing Analytics, Digital Asset Management etc.
• Experience and understanding of a wide variety of information technology processes.
• Understand application development life cycles/methodologies
• Understand systems development life cycle thoroughly, and ability to produce all required deliverables
• Understand database administration and data processing concepts.
• Demonstrate ability to independently write system specifications for complex applications
• 2-3 years of project management experience (including large scale projects, and managing multiple projects at one time)
• Six Sigma Green Belt preferred
• Critical thinking skills along with strong analytical skills and attention to detail required
• Must be able to lead cross-functional teams for small and mid-size projects
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with excellent presentation skills required. Must be able to present to large groups.
• Proven ability to complete projects and achieve results in an ambiguous work environment required.
• Must be customer focused
• Strong time management and prioritization skills required.
• Must be a team player with Team First attitude. Must be willing and able to contribute to brainstorming sessions in a meaningful way.
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 100 Gundy Drive Reading, PA 19607
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job: Information Technology
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Information Technology
Req ID: 1902581