The Payroll Manager will manage Multi-Company (global) Payroll Operations (Canada, U.S. Logistics, LAC, PTL-India) $1.9 billion in payroll costs per anum, approximately 36,000 associates, 15 federal tax id’s operating in 48 states with over 200 local jurisdictions and $45 million in union benefit liabilities.
This position is located at our Corporate offices in a beautiful country setting 7 miles South of Reading, PA which is a convenient commute with ample free and easy parking.
2675 Morgantown Rd Reading, Pennsylvania
• Establish Controllership and fiscal responsibility/management of processes.
• Ensure statutory and procedural compliance, accurate recording of costs on the financial statements and management of process initiatives and improvements within areas of responsibility.
• Manage and direct activities (payroll for all companies, multi-million dollar in costs per anum, union benefits & MEPPA liabilities, pay system controls/maintenance)
• Ensure that paychecks are delivered to Penske's associates accurately and on time. Executing payroll every week with specific deadlines and quickly addressing challenges as they arise.
• Monitor the performance of all data collection systems (eTIME, Fleet Manager, LMS, ORACLE HR, etc) and processes, ADP systems and process, and manage the various delivery methods and supplemental payments to taxing authorities and benefit providers.
• Manage an effective team in an environment that requires tight time constraints and a high level of attention to detail in order to support the payroll needs of a large employee base.
• Ensure that all payroll related queries are answered in a timely manner.
• Manage the process for the submission of tax and benefit payments to third parties for both union and non-union locations.
• Provide timely information and interpretation of data necessary for compliance requirements and the completion of government and union benefit audits.
• Work closely with the Corporate Finance, Human Resources, and Legal departments.
• Other projects as assigned by the Department.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance and specialization in payroll preferred. If no degree, equivalent work experience is required.
• 10 years of supervisory/management experience required.
• Minimum 5 years experience in payroll, accounting, or finance.
• Ability to apply analytical thinking to generate solutions to business challenges required.
• Knowledge of Penske processes and systems or ADP experience required.
• Advanced Project Management experience preferred.
• Intermediate skills in Excel and Access required.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced/deadline-driven environment required.
• Must be detail oriented and organized.
• Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a
premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 100 Gundy Drive Reading, PA 19607
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Finance/Accounting
Req ID: 1911709