The Fullington Auto Bus Co. is hiring a School Bus Driver in Clearfield, PA!
Hiring Location: Clearfield, PA
Job Summary or Purpose:
To transport and deliver school students by driving short distances and/or long distances in a safe and timely manner as assigned by the School District and to present a favorable, professional image for public relations to the parents, students, and the community.
- Must be on time and reliable in order to perform designated school district routes and maintain a consistent schedule for pick-up and drop-off times.
- Instruct students on school bus safety and bus evacuation drills.
- Inspect school bus for defects and safe operating condition before, during, and after trips and submit a written report on the condition of the school bus at the end of each trip or tour of duty. Maintain records required for compliance with state and federal regulations. These reports must be turned in daily.
- Promptly report any delays due to breakdowns, weather or traffic conditions or other emergencies or in the event irregularities relating to the pickup or delivery of students.
- Load and unload authorized students in a safe manner at their designated stops.
- Maintains student discipline on the bus by following the School District policy on reporting any discipline problems on the proper form and submitting the form to the appropriate company personnel or school district personnel.
- Knows how to operate the onboard radio and is able to receive and transmit radio messages. Only uses the radio for School District business and not for personal conversation.
- paid training
- safe driving bonus
- paid vacation/holidays
- health, dental, vision insurance
- Safe and legal operation of a commercial motor vehicle.
- Safe and timely transportation of the school students from origin to destination.
- Proper loading and unloading of school students to assure safety and minimal risk of danger to the students.
- Proper handling and accurate completion of all necessary paperwork related to school bus operations and student transportation.
- Professional representation of the company and the school bus industry through responsible driving.
- Keep the school bus clean, and fueled.
- Must be able to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License: Class A or B with a School Bus Endorsement, Passenger Endorsement and an Air Brake test
- Will train drivers to obtain CDL and proper endorsements!
- Must be of at least the age of 21 years old.
- Must be able to pass appropriate background checks
- Must have good oral communication skills.
- Can read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official inquires, and to make entries on reports and records.
- Must be able to sit and remain alert while driving
- Must be able to climb into and out of vehicle, fuel vehicles, and clean vehicle as needed
- Driver may be subject to irregular work schedules, temperature and weather extremes, long trips, short notice for assignment of a trip, tight schedules, delays en route and other stresses and fatigue related to driving a large commercial motor vehicle on crowded streets and highways in all kinds of weather including icy conditions.
- Drivers may spend 10% of time out-of-doors, exposed to potentially difficult environmental conditions.
- Drivers typically spend 90% of on-duty time in the school bus. While driving, operators are exposed to noise and vibration levels which may be higher than those typically experienced in passenger cars.
Call 844-510-0572 or Apply Online Today!