Oberweis Dairy is hiring a Delivery Driver!
Expected earnings: $34K-$45K
Hiring Location: Alsip, IL
Shift: First/Day Second/Afternoon Third/Night
SUMMARY POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Oberweis Dairy is seeking experienced professional Delivery Drivers who pride themselves on high standards of quality, safety, and customer service to join our team. The Delivery Driver will safely drive a company vehicle on established local route(s) to unload pre-ordered products, and to 'up-sell' additional products of interest to our customers. Each route is unique and entails an average of 75-120 home delivery stop. Desired candidates have highly-developed interaction skills and demonstrate a commitment to providing exceptional customer service. Delivery Drivers are expected to comply with Oberweis appearance guidelines and wear a company approved uniform.
- Up to $2,000.00 in bonuses in first 6 months
- Competitive pay structure
- Competitive benefits – Medical, Dental and Vision
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Vacations
- Furnished uniforms
- Up to 50% discount on products
- HOME DAILY
- IL Applicants: Require a valid Class C License or ability to obtain one
- Pre- and Post-Inspections of delivery vehicles
- Safe and courteous operation of delivery vehicles
- Loading and unloading delivery vehicle
- Pick orders form handheld device and scan upon delivery or from paper invoices for wholesale
- Daily paperwork and logs completed for assigned deliveries
- Drive and work safely to prevent accidents and injuries.
- 5-day work week (Monday thru Friday)
- Work selected holidays
- Deliver product orders to in an efficient and professional manner
- Follow DOT regulations and ability to pass a DOT physical
- Must meet the defined MVR standards at all times to remain qualified to drive company motor vehicle
- Responsible for warehouse work and miscellaneous duties
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs., frequently perform heavy pushing/pulling of product, and work in refrigerated conditions [33-38 degrees]
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and physically demanding environment
- A high level of comfort with GPS technologies and digital communications
- Ability and desire to work outdoors in various types of weather
- Excellent communication skills
Oberweis Dairy produces and distributes super premium milk and ice cream to six mid-western states, North Carolina and Virginia through three distribution channels: home delivery, grocery stores, and a combination of company owned and franchised dairy stores. Dairy stores and franchises represent 45% of company revenues while home delivery and wholesale represent 38% and 17% of total revenues respectively. Oberweis Dairy has 42 company-owned stores and 1 franchise store located in Illinois, Missouri, Indiana, Wisconsin and Michigan. Home delivery has 54 routes servicing 30,000 customers in Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina and Virginia while the wholesale channel services about 1000 accounts located in all the states mentioned previously. Oberweis Dairy is a family owned company headquartered in North Aurora, Illinois.
Oberweis Dairy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Call 844-567-2149 or Apply Online Today!